Thursday 10 November 2016

Is SEO Worth The Money If You Live In A Small Town? 2017

As a professional SEO, I hear a lot of people claim that they do not need SEO services because their business is located in a small town. Is this true? Does being located in a smaller city or town mean that your business would not benefit from Search Engine Optimization services? In this short article I will address that claim head on.

I am not one to mince words, so I will just come right out and say it. EVERY business website could benefit from organic traffic from people searching Google for the products and/or services you offer. Plain and simple. End of story. Now let's talk about why.

Small Business SEO - Why You Need It

Do you know anyone that still uses the Yellow Pages? When was the last time you picked up a Yellow Pages or Phone Book to find what you need? Probably not in years, right?

If you have, well then you might be one of the last old schoolers there is out there, and I am not here to hound you for that, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is an easier way!

Here is what I do when my toilet starts leaking and I can't fix it:

Pick up my phone (probably already in my hand or pocket), click the microphone button on the Google search app, say plumber Elkhorn Wisconsin.

That's what I do. Actually, that is what most people do, except they modify the search to fit their need and location.

In a matter of seconds, I have results galore right at my fingertips. Not just results, but star ratings, reviews, pictures, you name it. If I were to choose a Yellow Pages, I'd probably still be trying to find the Plumbers page!

So there is that, but what else?

Securing Your Brand

SEO is not only about showing up at the top of the rankings for the searches that pertain to your products or services, it is about securing your identity, your brand.

If your business does not show up #1 when someone searches for it, your brand is not secured, which opens the door to the possibility of other people, or your competition stealing those spots so when someone searches for JP Plumber, they get XYZ plumber instead. Or worse, competition creating false information so when people land on that page, it says you are closed, or out of business, or just no good. In any case, it's all bad and you MUST have your brand secured.

Closing Thoughts

I know the objections to SEO. I live in a smaller area, and people always ask, do I need SEO to thrive? The answer is no, but having your business in front of the people searching for the products and services you offer 24/7 is not a bad thing! Whenever I work with someone who initially objected, they are always glad they pulled the trigger after seeing the results, and hearing that phone ring all day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment